Here’s a video I made for an assignment for a travel filmmaking course. Making an “Introduce Yourself”-video sounded simple, but there I was, gnawing my nails. What if I just seem shallow or boring? Why would anyone care what I make? Also, why the heck does my voice sound so strange?!
Thankfully, I got to brush the bad vibes aside, and was actually quite happy with what I came up with. Even if it was just meant for an assignment, this video was a nice marker of where I am right now in my life, and of where next I’m raring to go.
My imPossible List
This used to be called the ‘My Bucket List’, but after stumbling on the nothing-less-than-awesome Blog of Impossible Things, I kind of shook things up. I thought of ideas that would seem crazy or too big to me; it might be really fun to prove myself wrong. I put in things that are really close to my heart as well. Do you have any suggestions or tips? Dares are welcome, even!
- Visit all 7 continents before I turn 30 — Asia,
Africa, Antartica, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
- Meditate in Bhutan or go hiking in Nepal.
- Watch the Aurora Borealis.
Dive with the whale sharks in Donsol. Go spelunking in Sagada and hike in Batad.
- Join a pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
Chill in Santorini.
- Go to Latin America and Spain, and learn as many Latin dances as I can.
Eat as much gelato in Italy.
- Join the Oktoberfest festivities in Germany.
Witness glassmaking in Venice.
- Camp in an eco-house in the Amazon.
- Bike through the park connectors linking the whole of Singapore.
wild penguinsand blue whales in Antartica. Watch a pro surf competition.
Mountains, mountains, mountains!
- Climb the Three Peaks.
- Climb the 4 highest peaks of the Philippines:
Mt. Apo, Mt. Dulang-Dulang, Mt. Pulag, Mt. Kitanglad
- Hike in Machu Picchu.
- Mt. Kilimanjaro!
- Mt. Fuji!
- Of course, Everest!
- Frolick in the peaks of Vancouver.
Climb a volcano!
- Go on a gap year.
- Learn sign language.
- Teach at least one hiphop class.
- Publish a book.
Zorb! Bungee jump.(did this twice!) Skydive!
Jason Mraz, DJ Earworm, David Guetta, Jack Johnson & Alanis Morissette perform live.
- Run a sub-60 10k.
- To borrow from a friend, be internet-famous.
- Find a way to live that is location-independent.
- Dance with Channing Tatum.