1. Surfing, snorkeling, playing beach volleyball all day — some things are worth the sunburn. The pain of being sun-scorched will eventually go away, but as for regret — that often stings for a lifetime.
2. So you’re loaded. And really smart. And gorgeous to boot. But can you leave the shore and swim? The world belongs to the brave.
3. To fully enjoy yourself, sometimes you just have to let go. Acknowledge that you have no power over the waves, that you will never be the Alpha of the marine kingdom. In the beach, being in control is never the point. Learning to be happy with whatever nature hurls your way, is.
4. A lot of lives are so different from yours. You have feet, fish have fins. Filling your tummy hardly means having to hunt for food; for the marine life, it’s a different ball game. Face the fact that whales are simply better at holding their breath than you. Appreciate these tiny nuances.
5. Too often, we spend too much time worrying how people will react when they see you in a bikini. As you grow older, you realize no one’s really looking — the few that do rarely even matter anyway. Feel good in your own skin? Good for you! Carry on.
6. Rain can only ruin your beach day as much as you let it. With the right mindset and company, you can still come up with your own sunshine.
7. Wherever you go, there’s always something you’ve never seen or realized before. Never lose that sense of wonder.