This is my tribute to a week-long spell of signing my life away in indemnity forms. Breathtaking, heart-stirring, hair-raising, all at the same time — this trip was definitely epic.
Song: Bad Girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman
- Check in at Adventure Queenstown Hostel (NZD 36/night for a bed in a 4-bed dorm)
- Queued for 30 minutes for my first glorious Fergburger (NZD 12.50 for a Fergburger with cheese)
- Got a whopper of a day with the Shotover Jet Trio – ride on a jetboat, jump in for a helicopter ride, then finish off with a rafting trip down the Shotover River (NZD 395)
- Woke up bright and early for a day trip to Milford Sound (NZD 70)
- Went back home to find a fire engine right outside our hostel — turns out the BBQ party was too hot to handle, it set off the smoke alarms :p Turns out this happens a lot in QT; I met another backpacker who said firemen also had to show up in their hostel. Busy town, this one.
- Faced my fears and went skydiving with Nzone. Did someone say EPIC FREEFALL? (NZD 439 for a jump from 15k feet)
- Went home hungry enough for a whole Bambi Fergburger.
- River-surfed at the Kawarau with Serious Fun River Surfing — an experience you should not miss, if you want to be thrilled, wowed and be terrified by nature at the same time. (NZD 195)
- Hiked up to meet Ben Lomond
- Hopped on the Skyline Gondola and watched the Haka Cultural show on top (NZD 66)
- Another day to immerse myself in nature and go canyoning at Routeburn Valley in Mt. Aspiring National Park (NZD 250)
- Today is a much-deserved chill day. Had an IT Crowd marathon with newfound friends at the hostel.
- It was time for another Fergburger.
- Hopped on Bus 11 to rush to the QT airport for my flight back to Singapore. See you again, QT!