Because when you’re crazy enough to chase after adventure, you’ll get it.
Tag: south africa
Adventure’s on the Table (Mountain)
New York has the Empire State. Dubai has Burj Khalifa. Cape Town, on the other hand, didn’t have to spend a dime nor lift a finger for epic 360-degree views. Why build a tower, when your city’s naturally blessed with the colossal crag that is Table Mountain? This breathtaking backdrop to the Mother City perhaps prepares you for the awe-inspiring landscapes that lie in waiting as you go off to explore the rest of the city.
Africa, at last we meet!
It’s confirmed! South Africa has a lot of animals. And beaches. And breathtaking landscapes. And mouth-watering food and wine. Wait, why did I leave again?!
Song: Jubel by Klingande
If you want to read more about our safari adventure in Kruger, click here.
Days 1-2 – Touchdown Johannesburg! Settle in a bit and go around town with the City Sightseeing bus
Day 3 – Fly from Johannesburg to Nelspruit (KMIA) Airport, pick up the rental car and drive onto Kruger National Park
Days 4-6 – Take a self-drive safari around Kruger National Park
Day 6 – Drive back to KMIA to fly back to Johannesburg, then take another flight to Cape Town
Day 7 – Hike up Table Mountain and check out the nightlife at Long Street
Day 8 – Go canyoning with Abseil Africa
Day 9 – Pick up the rental car, drive off to explore Camps Bay and Muizenberg, and to visit the penguins of Boulders Beach. At night, check out the V&A Waterfront’s dinner scene.
Day 10 – Take more scenic drives to Bloubergstrand, Chapman’s Peak and Cape Point
Day 11 – Enjoy the good life in a wine-and-cheese tasting tour around Stellenbosch and Franschoek
Day 12 – Relax and see the Two Oceans Aquarium
Day 13 – See Cape Town on foot by joining a walking tour
Day 14 – Fly back to Johannesburg
Day 15-16 – Relax and drive a bit more around Johannesburg before heading home.
- Room with a double-bed & ensuite bathroom at Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg – ~USD 40 per night (the lodge offers free shuttle to and fro the airport, which was great)
- Room with a double-bed & shared bathroom at Mbizi Backpackers Lodge, Johannesburg – ~USD 38 per night
- Bungalow for 2 people at the Skukuza camp in Kruger – ZAR 902.50 (~USD 83.17) per night
- Safari Tent for 2 people at the Lower Sabie camp in Kruger – ZAR 779 (~USD 71.8) per night
- Room with a double-bed & ensuite bathroom at Big Blue Backpackers, Cape Town – ~USD 44 per night
- One-day Red City Sightseeing Tour in Johannesburg – ZAR 130 (~USD 12)
- Guided safari sunset drive at Lower Sabie – ZAR 220 (~USD 20.2) per person
- Table Mountain cable car fare – ZAR 215 (~USD 19) for return, ZAR 110 (~USD 10) one-way
- Abseil Africa Kamikaze Kanyon Tour in Cape Town – ZAR 895 (~USD 85) per person
- Boulders Beach National Park entrance fee – ZAR 40 (~USD 3.7) per person
- Cape of Good Hope entry – ZAR 105 (~USD 10) per adult
- Two Oceans Aquarium entrance fee – ZAR 106 (~USD 10) per adult
- A much-recommended SABP Wine Tasting Tour around Stellenbosch and Franschoek – ZAR 595 (~USD 56) per person
- Cape Town Free Walking Tour – pay what you want for the tour 🙂
- Johannesburg-Nelspruit KMIA return flight via South African Airways – ZAR 2301 (~USD 216)
- Johannesburg-Cape Town return flight via Mango – ZAR 2929 (~USD 274)
- Avis Car Rental for 4 days (Group A -VW Polo and similar) – EUR 72.43 (~USD 98), pick-up points are available in Nelspruit, Johannesburg and Cape Town
A Safari Christmas in Kruger National Park
If you would have told me a year ago that I would be spending Christmas 2013 spotting wild elephants and zebras all over a reserve in Africa, I would have just smiled and thanked you for the nice daydream. Definitely, this is one of the most coolest ways I’ve spent the holidays ever.
Continue reading “A Safari Christmas in Kruger National Park”