It’s confirmed! South Africa has a lot of animals. And beaches. And breathtaking landscapes. And mouth-watering food and wine. Wait, why did I leave again?!
Song: Jubel by Klingande
If you want to read more about our safari adventure in Kruger, click here.
Days 1-2 – Touchdown Johannesburg! Settle in a bit and go around town with the City Sightseeing bus
Day 3 – Fly from Johannesburg to Nelspruit (KMIA) Airport, pick up the rental car and drive onto Kruger National Park
Days 4-6 – Take a self-drive safari around Kruger National Park
Day 6 – Drive back to KMIA to fly back to Johannesburg, then take another flight to Cape Town
Day 7 – Hike up Table Mountain and check out the nightlife at Long Street
Day 8 – Go canyoning with Abseil Africa
Day 9 – Pick up the rental car, drive off to explore Camps Bay and Muizenberg, and to visit the penguins of Boulders Beach. At night, check out the V&A Waterfront’s dinner scene.
Day 10 – Take more scenic drives to Bloubergstrand, Chapman’s Peak and Cape Point
Day 11 – Enjoy the good life in a wine-and-cheese tasting tour around Stellenbosch and Franschoek
Day 12 – Relax and see the Two Oceans Aquarium
Day 13 – See Cape Town on foot by joining a walking tour
Day 14 – Fly back to Johannesburg
Day 15-16 – Relax and drive a bit more around Johannesburg before heading home.
- Room with a double-bed & ensuite bathroom at Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg – ~USD 40 per night (the lodge offers free shuttle to and fro the airport, which was great)
- Room with a double-bed & shared bathroom at Mbizi Backpackers Lodge, Johannesburg – ~USD 38 per night
- Bungalow for 2 people at the Skukuza camp in Kruger – ZAR 902.50 (~USD 83.17) per night
- Safari Tent for 2 people at the Lower Sabie camp in Kruger – ZAR 779 (~USD 71.8) per night
- Room with a double-bed & ensuite bathroom at Big Blue Backpackers, Cape Town – ~USD 44 per night
- One-day Red City Sightseeing Tour in Johannesburg – ZAR 130 (~USD 12)
- Guided safari sunset drive at Lower Sabie – ZAR 220 (~USD 20.2) per person
- Table Mountain cable car fare – ZAR 215 (~USD 19) for return, ZAR 110 (~USD 10) one-way
- Abseil Africa Kamikaze Kanyon Tour in Cape Town – ZAR 895 (~USD 85) per person
- Boulders Beach National Park entrance fee – ZAR 40 (~USD 3.7) per person
- Cape of Good Hope entry – ZAR 105 (~USD 10) per adult
- Two Oceans Aquarium entrance fee – ZAR 106 (~USD 10) per adult
- A much-recommended SABP Wine Tasting Tour around Stellenbosch and Franschoek – ZAR 595 (~USD 56) per person
- Cape Town Free Walking Tour – pay what you want for the tour 🙂
- Johannesburg-Nelspruit KMIA return flight via South African Airways – ZAR 2301 (~USD 216)
- Johannesburg-Cape Town return flight via Mango – ZAR 2929 (~USD 274)
- Avis Car Rental for 4 days (Group A -VW Polo and similar) – EUR 72.43 (~USD 98), pick-up points are available in Nelspruit, Johannesburg and Cape Town