paragliding@timbis beach, bali
28 august 2010
with alex, fed, monn, juric & jen
This is why I go through the painstaking process of editing/obsessing over video clips — so that I can relive breathtaking experiences such as this one. 🙂
Given that we were only there for the weekend, the 6 of us trooped over to Timbis Beach in Bali to try out paragliding. If you want to challenge your fear of heights, then you have to try this — you’ll literally feel the wind beneath your feet. My tandem instructor said that sometimes, it was even possible to touch the clouds (!). If you’re lucky, your instructor will even let you control the chute — I got a crash-course (no pun intended) in navigating the chute left and right, up and down — this is the type of high that stays with you. A definite must-try when in Bali.
13 June 2010, Bangui Windmills, Ilocos
With Ate Ting, Ikay, Ralph & Alex
This trip’s moral lesson: The quickest way to have a embarassing-stories-about-you marathon is to get your friends and your sister & niece together. Spell L-A-G-L-A-G.
- Bus to Pagudpud/Laoag – Php 700 (1-way)
- 1 bedroom at Punta Azul (for max 3 persons) – Php 3,500
- Van tour of Pagudpud ( Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, Bangui Windmills, Patapat Viaduct, Agua Grande, Paraiso ni Anton, Kabigan falls) – Php 2000
* You can ask the resort to hook you up with a tour operator. There’s also an option for a tricycle tour, but in long distances, that might not be fun. =P)
- Sandboarding & 4×4 ride at the Ilocos Sand Dunes (highly recommended!) – Php 2k-2,500.
1 Nov 2009, with KE
This trip’s moral lesson: Some things are just plain crazy. That’s why they’re fun and worth doing.
Finally ticked this off from my bucket list. Something tells me this is just the first of many jumps. =P
[ Pics over at http://ishg.multiply.com/photos/album/41/kaladkarin_gets_high_macau ]
as with everything you wished to be hidden, it eventually finds its way to youtube. what the hell, since the cat’s out of the bag, might as well put it into good use. if you’re stressed, depressed, or looking for something to laugh at, check our swat’s despedida gift to vic:
i still think that everyone needs to free that boyband inside once in a while, at least for sanity’s sake. to scout for ideas, i actually hunted down blast-from-the-past boyband mtvs. fun. i’ve actually forgotten how 5ive looked like. haha.